ITIL 4 provides practical and flexible guidance to support organizations on their journey to digital transformation. It provides an end-to-end IT/digital operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services and enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy. ITIL provides a framework for quality IT service management (ITSM) through proven best practice. ITIL manages the creation of a service, its operation and its improvement. Organizations who adopt ITIL invariably adapt it to suit their specific requirements. The ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, or delivery of IT-enabled services in a modern digital organisation. It teaches the fundamentals of the very latest version of the most widely adopted guidance on IT service management (ITSM) in the world. ITIL 4 Foundation introduces delegates to the Service Value System (SVS) which describes how all the components and activities of the organisation work together as a system to enable value creation. The ITIL SVS supports many work approaches, such as Agile, DevOps and Lean as well as traditional process and project management, with a flexible value-oriented operating model.
Accredited ITIL 4 Foundation training is provided by Syzygal, accredited by PeopleCert International Ltd. Examination Institute. ITIL 4®: Foundation is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
The ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management course will enable delegates to gain a comprehensive grounding in the aspects of ITIL Service Management aligned to the current version, ITIL 4.
This course is designed as an introduction to ITIL and enables you to understand how an integrated IT Service Management framework can be utilised to achieve IT business integration, cost reductions and increased productivity. The syllabus areas that this course is designed to cover are:
The syllabus areas that this course is designed to cover are:
- An introduction to ITIL, its strategic and operational benefits
- An overview of the ITIL certification scheme
- Key concepts of Service Management
- Key concepts in the ITIL 4 framework
- The Service Value Chain
- The ITIL 4 Guiding Principles
- The ITIL 4 Practices
- Group activities and buzz exercises
- Mock examination and examination preparation
At the end of this course, attendees will have an understanding of the following:
- Key concepts in the ITIL 4 framework that build upon Lean, Agile, DevOps and other practices, and how these enable business value to be co-created
- The seven guiding principles of ITIL 4
- ITIL service value system
- The four dimensions of service management
- The ITIL practices with a focus on 15 of these, of which 7 will be covered in detail